Benefits of pediatric orthodontics
Childhood is the absolute best time to undergo orthodontic treatment. Since the teeth, mouth, and jaw are still developing in children and teens, it is easier to manipulate and guide their growth than it is with adults. Although it is possible to straighten teeth at any age, we always recommend starting young if possible for the best lifelong results.
Here are some of the benefits of pediatric orthodontics:
- Enhanced self-confidence
- Better self-esteem
- Improved social confidence
- Increased likelihood of proper jaw alignment
- Reduced risk of grinding
- Reduced risk of cavities and gum disease
- Reduced risk of crowding and impaction
- Faster treatment than in adult orthodontics
- Supported speech and vocal ability
- Reduced risk of tooth, gum, and jawbone injury
Children and teens generally respond well to orthodontic treatment. We work hard to create a relaxed, friendly, enjoyable experience for our young patients.